- Find out whether the school already sponsors the program.
- Check with your school or organization to get approval for the membership and to discuss what resources the school is willing to provide.
- Talk to the principal about the goals and values of Odyssey of the Mind.
- Get approval for this extracurricular activity.
- Explain what might be required in terms of sending flyers home, having a meeting for interested parents and students, enlisting a faculty sponsor, and perhaps soliciting teachers to judge at the Regional Tournament.
- In some cases, such as with Fairfax County public secondary schools, you’ll need to determine whether Odyssey will be an officially sponsored club (in which case a faculty sponsor is needed) or an activity simply endorsed by the school (no sponsor needed).
Posted in: 10 Steps to Starting an Odyssey Program