Every team must provide one all-day judge for our Regional Tournament. These judges provide roughly three-quarters of the judges we need to run a tournament. The rest of the judges are people who enjoy being part of the Odyssey of the Mind and seeing what the teams can do.
All judges are required to attend training in order serve as a judge at the tournament.
Judges are crucial to the Odyssey of the Mind program. Their most important role is providing recognition to all of the team members who have worked hard for months on their solutions.
- Will NOT be able to see their child’s performance (if they are the parent of an Odyssey team member)
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the day of the tournament
- Must be available to attend Judges Training
- Must be available to serve as an all-day judge at the Regional Tournament
- Cannot be the coach of a team at this tournament
- Cannot be a two-hour volunteer at this tournament
What you need to know before you register:
- The name you put on this form will be used to generate a name tag that you will be wearing on the day of the tournament.
- If you are judging on behalf of a team you need to register before the coach can register the team. The coach will need to know exactly how you entered your name on this form.
- If you have any family members competing in the tournament you need to specify which problem(s) they are doing.
- You may specify preferences for the problem you would like to be judging. Please do not choose a problem that a family member is competing in, because we cannot assign you to that problem.
- Scorecheckers record the scores for each team and need to be familiar with using spreadsheets. They do not need to provide their own laptop.
- T-shirt sizes are unisex.
- Teachers may request a letter of recommendation for 15 hours of CEU credits for the time invested in training and the tournament.
- Years of experience refers only to experience judging for Odyssey of the Mind, not for science fairs or debating competitions or any other kind of competition.
If you have any questions please contact the judges coordinator.