Oct 29 2015
Permanent link to this article: https://www.novanorth.org/wp/?p=4540
Oct 25 2015
Permanent link to this article: https://www.novanorth.org/wp/?p=4527
Oct 13 2015
If you are a school coordinator, coach, or assistant coach, please read the information below.
The NoVANorth Board is grateful to The MITRE Corporation® for hosting Coaches’ Training this Fall. Their generosity enables us to keep tournament costs low. However, in order to use their facilities we must adhere to their security protocols. Please be aware that these are requirements – not requests – and we cannot ask for or expect any exceptions.
- Class rosters must be submitted 48 hours prior to the class.
- You must bring a government issued ID to receive a Visitor’s badge.
- Foreign nationals have an earlier registration deadline. We need to submit the following information to The MITRE Corporation® at least five days prior to each session: Name, Citizenship, and School.
What this means to you:
- Registration deadlines will be firm. There can be no late registrations, last minute substitutes, or walk-ins.Most coaches must register at least two days prior to classes; foreign nationals must register 5 or more days prior to the class. Information regarding registration deadlines is posted on the Training Registration page.
- You may not bring children with you to training – even if they are well-behaved – unless their names are on the class roster.
- We recommend that you register for all sessions that you are interested in attending, even if you are not sure you will be able to make them all. This year’s pricing structure enables you to attend three or more sessions for the same $30 price; giving you the flexibility to miss up to three sessions if you sign up for the entire series.
Coordinators, please make sure all of your school’s coaches and assistant coaches understand these requirements and register early. If you have any questions about training please email the training coordinator.
Note that the Considerations for Coaching Primary session originally scheduled for Tuesday 11/3 was changed to Saturday 11/7 10-12. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that anyone who was planning on that session will be able to attend on Saturday.
Directions to the training site are now available on the registration page and on the event link, including a diagram of the buildings.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.novanorth.org/wp/?p=4497
Permanent link to this article: https://www.novanorth.org/wp/?p=4436
Sep 20 2015
Training for new and experienced coaches will be offered in six sessions starting with an Overview for new coaches and assistant coaches on October 31 and continuing with interactive workshops on coaching skills through November 14. Register for all of the sessions or just the sessions you need. Continue reading
Permanent link to this article: https://www.novanorth.org/wp/?p=4409