Thank you for volunteering to coach a team as they prepare for our Regional Tournament. The role you play is critical to making such an event happen.
The NoVANorth Board is grateful to The MITRE Corporation® for hosting Coaches’ Training again this Fall. Their generosity enables us to keep tournament costs low. However, in order to use their facilities we must adhere to their security protocols. Please be aware that these are requirements – not requests – and we cannot ask for or expect any exceptions.
- The class roster must be submitted 48 hours prior to the class; therefore the deadline is Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
- If the coach happens to be a foreign national without a green card the deadline is 10 business days beforehand; in this case the deadline is Monday, October 21.
- You must bring a government issued ID to receive a Visitor’s badge. If you have a green card you must bring it.
What this means to you:
- Registration deadlines will be firm. There can be no late registrations, last minute substitutes, or walk-ins.
- You may not bring children with you to training – even if they are well-behaved – unless their names are on the class roster.
- Registration is limited to 100 (seating capacity of the space available).
Since The MITRE Corporation® is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center for the Government and is a secure facility, those foreign nationals with green cards will need to show them to the security guard.
Foreign nationals who do not have a green card will need to meet an earlier deadline so that their information can be turned in 10 business days (October 21) prior to the event.
The cost for the training is $30.00 for everybody. Payment online is preferred. We use the Pay Pal system, but a Pay Pal account is not required; there is an option to use one’s own debit or credit card. Please submit separate registrations for each attendee – we MUST have the name and school affiliation of everyone who plans to be there.
If payment is by check, it must be postmarked by October 24, 2018. If payment is not received by October 27, then we will need to cancel the reservation so that others may have a chance if the limit has been reached.
Mailing address is:
Nova North, Inc.
PO Box 493
Oakton, VA 22124